Three types rust preventive oil you need to know
The rust preventive oil protects metal surfaces and machine parts before, during and after machining as well as during storage at factory. This way, semi-finished products and finished parts are protected until further processing and assembly, or during transport.
What is a rust preventive oil used for?
Rust forms on metal parts when it comes in contact with water or oxygen. It results in equipment failure, increased power consumption, non-salable parts and other problems in an industry.
Application of rust preventive oils to the metal parts helps you prevent this corrosive attack and save a significant amount of money for your business.
Three types rust preventive oil
It protect multiple metal types against corrosion under shelter. We used specific anti rust oil to protect metal parts as below.
- Short-term protection against metal corrosion：0 to 3 months.
- Medium-term protection against metal corrosion: 3 to 6 months.
- Long-term protection against metal corrosion: 12 months, or longer.
How to choose right rust preventive oil?
Anti-Rust Oil provides effective corrosion protection, and it is used for protection between operations or for a final anti-corrosion protection before dispatch or storage. It depends on applications and the mode of transportation.
- Wet environment and work area ：You need a long term anti preventive oil to protect metal surface and work piece.
- Secondary processing in manufacturing：You can use short term anti preventive oil which is suited for process in a short time.
- Shipping：If you export overseas, you must need to use long term anti preventive oil which have tested salt spray test.
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Proper temperatures
- Store in dry and cool place
- Recommend Product
IoT Coolant Monitoring System
Maintaining proper coolant concentration levels for machine tools extends cutting tool life and cutting oil life ,and helps ensure quality workpiece surface finishes.Read More
MORESCO GR-5 Synthetic Fluids
High lubricity ensures quality grinding by removal of fine particles, resulting in a regular and clean surface which is recommended for glass. GR-5 synthetic fluids that formulate without...Read More
Wastewater Treatment Machine
UF membrane excels at the clarification of solutions containing suspended solids, bacteria and high concentrations of macromolecules, including oil and water.Read More